Last revised: July 11, 2022
At ChargeAfter, we protect you by complying with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
ChargeAfter, Inc. (together with our affiliates, “ChargeAfter,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a technology service provider to businesses that sell products and services to consumers (“Merchants”). We provide Merchants with a proprietary software application (the “Platform”) that connects their consumers with participating credit and leasing providers (together, “Providers”) at the point of sale (the “Services”). Consumers don’t pay for the Services. We aren’t a Merchant. We don’t make loans or offer leases.
- Federal Privacy Notice
- How we collect Personal Information
- What Personal Information we collect
- Why we collect Personal Information
- How we share Personal Information
- How can you restrict our sharing
- How long we retain Personal Information
- How we protect Personal Information
- Age restrictions
- Links to other websites
- International data transfer
- Notice to individuals located outside the U.S.
- Notice to California residents
- ChargeAfter contact information
Federal Privacy Notice
How we collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- from you directly, when you provide your Personal Information to us, such as when you make a purchase from a Merchant that uses our Services and you request a financing offer; when you contact ChargeAfter customer support; when you apply for employment; or when you interact with us via our website (ChargeAfter.com)
- from other third-parties whom you have authorized to disclose Personal Information to us
- from social media partners when you interact with us on their platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
What Personal Information we collect
We collect the following Personal Information:
- Personal Identifiers: This includes your name, date of birth, and other similar identifiers.
- Contact Information: This includes your email address, telephone number and other similar information that allows us to communicate with you.
- Government Identifiers: This includes your Social Security number and other similar identifiers.
- Financial Information: This includes income and paycheck frequency, housing status or similar information, credit card details, and bank account details.
- Online and Computer Identifiers: This includes your IP address, MAC address, device type, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information: This includes products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Geolocation Data: This includes any information used to identify your physical location or movements.
- Internet and Application Activity: This includes information regarding the type of the operating system and device used to access the Services, date and time stamp, language preferences, approximate geolocation.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information: This includes call recordings or similar information.
- Other Information: This includes other information you voluntarily provide.
Why we collect Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- provide, personalize, and improve our Services
- communicate with you, including for marketing, service-related purposes, or to respond to your requests or inquiries
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
- comply with contractual obligations, industry standards, and our policies
- resolve disputes
- protect or enforce the rights, property, and safety of ChargeAfter and others
- protect the security and integrity of our databases and Services
After you have used the Services once, we may prefill your Personal Information on the Platform when you use the Services again, at any Merchant, after authenticating your identity.
How we share Personal Information
We share Personal Information with third parties in the following categories:
- our affiliates in the ChargeAfter group of companies;
- providers of software, data management and storage, data analytics, hosting, sales and marketing, product engineering and design, customer support, anti-fraud, security, and other service providers who help us with parts of our business operations
- law enforcement, government officials, advisors, and other third parties, as needed to help us comply with applicable law; to respond to court orders, regulator requests or other legal process required by law; to defend against legal claims or demands; and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect against threats to any person’s contractual rights, property, or personal safety
- other entities, as needed in the event of a potential or actual change of control, merger, acquisition, purchase of all or substantially all of our assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, bankruptcy, or comparable event relating to all or some portion of ChargeAfter
- other third parties but only if you consent or direct us to do so
How can you restrict our sharing
You may choose not to provide your Personal Information to us; however, you will not be able to use the Services. You can also limit our sharing of your Personal Information in other ways, described below.
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email footer or by contacting Customer Service. We will still be permitted to contact you for servicing and account-related purposes.
You can modify browser settings to decline cookies, but certain features of the Services may not function properly or may be unavailable if you do. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. Unless otherwise required to process your requests earlier by law, it may take up to 5 days to process your opt out requests in relation to receipt of electronic marketing materials such as emails and SMS, and up to 30 days for all other marketing-related requests.
How long we retain Personal Information
How we protect Personal Information
We have implemented technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. In addition, we do not accept responsibility for the security of information that is not within our control, such as when you send it by email or through third-party communication channels. We encourage all individuals to keep watch for communications that are suspicious and report any suspicious activity to us as soon as possible. If you suspect any misuse or unauthorized access to your Personal Information, please let us know immediately.
The Services are intended for individuals who are at least 18 years of age, or such greater age as is necessary to enter into contracts. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not use the Services. If you believe we may have Personal Information regarding a person under the age of 18, please let us know immediately.
Links to other websites
International data transfer
We may transfer your Personal Information from the United States to other countries or jurisdictions, in accordance with applicable laws.
Notice to individuals located outside the U.S.
Notice to California residents
As a supplement to the above, this section describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents and their rights with respect to that Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). For the purpose of this section, the term “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. For example, this section does not apply to personal information covered by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to:
- request that a business delete any Personal Information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer
- request that a business that collects Personal Information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the following: the categories of Personal Information that it has collected about that consumer; the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Information; the specific pieces of Personal Information it has collected about that consumer
- request that a business that sells the consumer’s Personal Information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to the consumer: the categories of Personal Information that the business collected about the consumer; the categories of Personal Information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to whom the Personal Information was sold; the categories of Personal Information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose
- request that a business not sell Personal Information about the consumer to third parties
We collect Personal Information from the sources described above in the section headed “How we collect Personal Information.” We use Personal Information for the commercial purposes described above in the section headed: “Why we collect Personal Information.” We do not sell personal information. We share Personal Information with the categories of third parties described above in the section headed “How we share Personal Information.”
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above without discrimination prohibited by the CCPA. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
To submit requests to exercise your right to information, please contact us. We may not be able to process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. We may need to verify your identity and California residency by requesting government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury, or other information.
ChargeAfter contact information
Telephone: (888) 760-3384
Mailing Address: ChargeAfter, 12 W 27th St, Floor 11, New York, NY 10001